Author of a new book, Beyond Education: Radical Studying for Another World (U. of Minnesota Press, 2019)
--- Available at UMN Press (Download the Intro chapter for free and/or order the book with a 30% discount using code MN85410 by 12/31/19)
--- or at Amazon.
--- or if you can't afford it, please download a pdf of the whole book for free.
View and download my other academic publications here
Media on Beyond Education:
- on Against The Grain - focusing on a political history of grade-divided schools
- on This Is Hell!
- on The Final Straw Radio (with more in-depth discussion of resistance on the margins of academia)
- on the Public Intellectual podcast with Jessa Crispin
- on Laborwave (along with Zach Schwartz-Weinstein) - with discussion of abolitionist university studies
Text interviews and essays:
- An interview in The New Inquiry with Zaina Alsous called "A Detrimental Education",
- An exchange in Other Education: The Journal of Educational Alternatives with Helen Lees,
- Interview in the LA Review of Books,
- An essay in ROAR Magazine called "Studying beyond education for a world beyond capitalism",
- Video of my discussion with Bill Ayers at the People's Forum NYC
- Seminary Coop podcast "The Front Table" on "the pursuit of knowledge in and beyond education"
- Blacksburg, VA - Oct. 25, 2019 - 2pm-4pm - at Virginia Tech - workshop on "Stained University: Tobacco, Higher Education, and the Politics of Memory"
- Baltimore, MD - Oct. 31, 2019 - 12pm-1:30pm - at AESA conference - Symposium on Beyond Education with Edwin Mayorga, Amanda Huron, Erin Dyke, and Jenna Cushing-Leubner
- Chicago, IL - May 14, 2020 - 6pm-7pm - at the Seminary Co-op -discussion with Bill Ayers
Currently working as a Visiting Scholar and Program Coordinator at The Social Movements Lab, Franklin Humanities Institute, Duke University
Ph.D., Political Science, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Contact: eli [dot] meyerhoff [at] gmail [dot] com